Thursday, November 29, 2012

Craft, Cook, Cuddle

I kinda got sick of looking at one of our frames every day, so I decided to re-vamp it.
My inspiration:
 before + after:
It didn't turn out quite as stunning as I envision, but it's still a good change. Plus there are pretty glitter sparkles all over (that you can't see in the pic) that make me smile :)

I swear I spend 90% of my life in the kitchen.  Ok, that may be a slight exaggeration, but I do spend a fair amount of time cooking.  And it's not because I love to cook, but because I know I have to with 4 guys to feed!  The one thing that makes it worthwhile is the positive reinforcement I get from them.  When Jer is out of town I don't cook-- we live on cereal, Ramen, and Mac.  During one such trip Wyatt said, "Mom, can we have something that cooks for a long time?"  At least he can recognize that it takes effort to produce a good meal!  This last hunting trip Jarom told Jer, "It's fun when you're gone cuz it's like a total party house, BUT it sucks cuz Mom doesn't cook."  Glad to know all my hard work is appreciated!  And like this night when each of the boys walks in + sees what's being prepared + says, "Oh, yum!" 
  {really, with cream + butter how can you go wrong?!}
But I'll have to apologise to my future daughter-in-laws, cuz these boys will expect the best! ;)


 Jarom recently went to another school dance.  This time with cute Breanne.  Who knew you could get so much pleasure from simply seeing your kids enjoying life?!  Oh, what a fun :)
He made me chuckle the other day-- he was rattling off a scripture + I said, "Oh!  Scripture Mastery!  Is that in the Old Testament?"  He replied, "Ya, it's Matthew..."
(get it??)

No comments: